The open web provides a plethora of resources for finding data. Below are data resources arranged by general topic or try using advanced Google searching.
Tips for searching Google include:
• Try using Google Advanced Search
• Include search terms like data or table
• Google ignores the word AND as a search operator. But, typing OR in all caps will find similar or related terms (e.g. women OR females OR girls).
• Search for a particular document type (e.g. childhood obesity filetype:xls)
• Search for data on a particular site or domain (e.g. childhood obesity site:.gov)
• Exclude words by using the "-" sign in front of the word you wish to exclude
This Library Guide was developed using a template from SUNY Geneseo, originally created by Bonnie Swoger and Justina Elmore. It is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. Any part of it may be used as long as credit is included. Derivative works can be licensed under Creative Commons to encourage sharing and reuse of educational materials.