What is grey literature?
- Information published by entities whose main purpose is NOT publishing. Watch this video for more info.
What is this important for public health?
- A large amount of public health information is published as grey literature. This includes government data, information produced by foundations, NGOs, companies, schools etc.
Quickly find grey literature by using a site search in Google
- Examples 1 & 2 find information on formaldehyde on all .org websites or only on ATSDR
- Examples 3 & 4: Finds information regarding mindfulness on all college/university websites or only in the Rochester City School District
- Examples 5 & 6: Finds information on cannabidiol policy on all .gov websites or specifically in New York State governmental websites.