PubMed - Identifies articles in medicine, biomedicine, neuroscience and psychology. If you haven't used PubMed before or are having problems, PubMed Quick Tours (1 to 3 minutes) may help. Feel free to contact me if you still have questions or would like a personal introduction to PubMed.
Web of Science - Identifies journal articles and cited references to research publications from all disciplines, some with links to full text.
- LLBA - Linguistics and Language Behavior Abstracts (ProQuest): Covers all aspects of the study of language including phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax and semantics. Complete coverage is given to various fields of linguistics including descriptive, historical, comparative, theoretical and geographical linguistics
- SOCIndex (EBSCO): Comprehensive coverage of sociology, encompassing all sub-disciplines and closely related areas of study.
- MLA International Bibliography: Identifies articles, books, dissertations on literature, linguistics, film and folklore.
- CMMC - Communication and Mass Media Complete (EBSCO): Full text and cover-to-cover indexing and abstracts for journals covering communication, mass media, linguistics, rhetoric, language, logic, and other closely related fields
- Alexander Street Streaming access to 14,000 titles; browse by fields of interest
- Kanopy Streaming video database with over 20,000 movie titles from a large group of film producers including the Criterion Collection, PBS, Kino Lorber Edu, Documentary Educational Resources Collection, BBC Active Collection, and many others