Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- Do some general searching online
- Scan encyclopedia/Wikipedia articles on your topic
- Make note of specific words or phrases that are used when people are writing about your topic
- Identify which websites are coming when you complete a general search (this will help for more specific Site Searching (described below).
- Track sources you find or sources that are cited using a reference manager, Word/Google doc, etc.
- [enter keywords] site:[domain or domain url]
- URLs: .org, .gov, .int
- domain specific to China: .cn
- See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.cn for more information on Chinese domains
- site searching using Chinese domains will not yield many results if you are searching in English
- No spaces between the word site and the domain!!!
Online Resources from the Syllabus
- ChinaFile The best site for expert commentary about current events in China.
Sixth Tone A great collection of Chinese journalism and opinion pieces translated into English
SUP China and the Sinica Podcast: Excellent news and analysis of China. The podcast frequently features expert interviews.
- China Digital Times: Another good collection of important news and interesting tidbits on China from both English language and Chinese language media sources. Also check out their Grass Mud Horse Lexicon.