Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Searching for Rare Books
Use this box to search within all of Rare Books' collections.
Rare Books on Rochester and Monroe County History
RBSCP holds many books about the people, places, organizations, and history of Rochester, Monroe County, and the surrounding counties. Our areas of strength include:
- Visual material, including broadsides, postcards, and maps of Rochester, Monroe County, and Western New York from 1770 to the present
- County, town, city, and village histories, and upstate travel accounts
- Books about Rochester businesses, churches, non-profits, and clubs
- Books and pamphlets printed through 1860 in Auburn, Buffalo, Canandaigua, Ithaca, Rochester, and other upstate communities
- Newspapers from Rochester and other New York State cities and towns
Selected Rare Books Titles
This list represents just a few of our many rare books related to local history.
Assistant Director, Department of Rare Books, Special Collections, and Preservation